Fan Conversion - Spal Fans - Jeep Cherokee XJ
Designed for 1984-2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee & MJ Commanche Jeeps
Our tripple fan cooling kit, is the perfect choice for any offroad rig looking for better slow speed cooling!
Our electric conversion consists of three main compononets:
- Three 10" Spal High Performace electric fans
- CAD Designed aluminum fan shroud
- Wiring Harness to connect a controller to the fans
Why must we have a fan on our Jeeps? They are not required in all circumstances, when the Jeep is stopped, idling, or is moving slowly air flow must be present. At twenty m.p.h. and above the fan is no longer needed. Air in front of a moving Jeep is pressurized and seeking an escape route through the grill and radiator core. This is the "Ram Air Effect", air forced against the frontal opening in adequate volume to cool the engine.
The fans sole purpose is to pull air through the radiator core when the ram air effect of positive pressure in front of the grill is no longer present. When rotating the fan creates a negative pressure behind the radiator pulling air through the core. The heat it removes from the coolant exits the Jeep by going out around the engine and under the jeep body.
We recommend the electric conversion only to be used on Jeeps with proper working cooling system, this is not fix all and may not cool properly if existing cooling issues are present.
Here are a few other advantages of electric fans:
- Consistent cooling - They maintain their airflow at all times
- Redundancy - Multiple Fans allow for redundancy and peace of mind when in remote places.
- Fitment - Our Cherokee cooling fan kit is designed for easy installation. (minor trimming on core support may be required)
- Control - Use a Dakota Digital Controller or wire it to a switch for simple operation - available separately.
With no parasitic power loss and all the great benefits we mentioned above, electric fans have become the preferred choice for many performance enthusiasts.
Radiator shown for illustration purposes and is Not Included
|Alternate Part Numbers||DB7155|
|Country of Manufacture||United States|